1. Overview: This is a Contractor Agreement. This Agreement becomes effective upon the Parties’ signatures, below. This agreement is effective when this Agreement is signed and will continue in effect for the remainder of the year or until either party cancels the agreement in writing.
2. Position: The CONTRACTOR agrees to work for the PRIMARY as a work-for-hire independent contractor. The CONTRACTOR is a freelance working for himself/herself.
5. Independent Contractor: The CONTRACTOR and the PRIMARY hereby specifically agree that CONTRACTOR is performing the services as an independent contractor and is not an employee of the PRIMARY. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, as a guarantee of future employment or engagement, or as a limitation upon the PRIMARY’S sole discretion to terminate this Agreement at any time without cause. CONTRACTOR understands that [he/she] is not eligible to participate in any of PRIMARY employee benefit programs, including pension, profit-sharing, health care, vacation pay, sick pay, or any other fringe benefit plan. CONTRACTOR acknowledges and agrees that PRIMARY is not responsible for payment of workers’ compensation insurance since the relationship is that of an independent contractor. In light of this, it is highly recommended that CONTRACTOR gets [his/her] own policies of business insurance since PRIMARY is not responsible for maintaining insurance coverage for independent contractors.
6. Payments: In exchange for successful completion of assignments (and files) the CONTRACTOR will receive compensation. The amount of compensation will be agreed upon & confirmed, in writing, email and/or message, prior to the event date(s).
6. Payment Schedule: Unless provided otherwise in a Statement of Work, CONTRACTOR shall be paid for each event (referred to as “Event”) within seven (2) days upon delivery of work.
7. Federal and State Taxes: CONTRACTOR shall pay all taxes incurred while performing Services under this Agreement, including all applicable income taxes, and self-employment taxes. PRIMARY will not withhold FICA (Social Security and Medicare taxes) from CONTRACTOR’s payments or make FICA payments on CONTRACTOR’s behalf.
8. Timing to Complete the Assignments: The CONTRACTOR agrees to follow the timing schedule to finish the assignments. All original files (RAW) must be delivered to the PRIMARY by the end of the event being photographed/recorded. It is CONTRACTOR’S responsibility to be sure that his/her files are securely downloaded. In the event that not enough time was allotted to download files throughout the course of the assignment, then CONTRACTOR agrees to deliver original, un-retouched files to the PRIMARY in one week’s time, via electronic media or to hand over the SD/CF cards to PRIMARY and PRIMARY will return the cards within one week of the event. The CONTRACTOR can opt to use the PRIMARY’s SD/CF cards.
9. Copyright & Reproduction Rights: The Contractor’s assignment is a work-for-hire job; as such the copyrights to the images produced by him/her belong to the PRIMARY. The CONTRACTOR agrees not to sell or share any image taken during a contracted event from the PRIMARY to any person, company, group, advertising agency or otherwise without the PRIMARY’s express written permission. The PRIMARY grants the CONTRACTOR permission to use the images taken during a contracted event for the CONTRACTOR’s personal print portfolio & web portfolio. Images cannot be posted on a blog (or be blogged) nor on social media without prior consent of the PRIMARY unless the PRIMARY is mentioned & tagged in posts. CONTRACTOR may not use clients’ names nor tag clients (nor vendors) in photos. In exchange for payment, CONTRACTOR transfers ownership in full of all original works and intellectual property created by CONTRACTOR during the course of completing the Services for PRIMARY.
***Fill out the Information below to agree to the terms and conditions. ***
Client Name & Contact: Ruth Redd : (916) 612-6770
Bride & Grooms Name: Austin & Paige
Event: Wedding Day: July 18, 2021 : Payment: $200
Location: Folly Beach, 5th St Beach access.
Service: Wedding Videography
Duration: 1 Hour
Delivery Due: 72 Hours